Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: why has no one made a thread about this yet  (Read 16231 times)

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
you can clearly see that budapestian bitch has gotta' be soaked in the knickers all fanning herself off

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
Re: why has no one made a thread about this yet
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 04:46:52 AM »

you know what excited me the most there?

"play it first on playstation 4"

... PLAY IT FIRST...

Forgive me if I'm wrong but that sounds like timed exclusive. meaning that it'll be on PS4 for a while, then come to other platforms like oh say i dunno PC

ALL OF MY MONEY SQUEENIX, TAKE IT. TAKE IT ALL.

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 12:02:19 PM »

there was some quote by some fucking guy that went something like: "We’ve announced an HD port version on the PlayStation 4, and then we have the remake coming to PS4. You’ll have this extremely, very, very pretty FFVII existing on the same plane. We feel that if that happens, it’s like, why have the same exact game?"

oh the presently latent fury of my wrath bubbles in anticipation
do not awaken it, square, do not awaken it
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:18:17 PM by Dr. Javi »
you can clearly see that budapestian bitch has gotta' be soaked in the knickers all fanning herself off

Moondog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »

I too, possess hype for what I have waited over a decade for.

I think they'll tighten up the script, probably make it a bit more overt that Jenova is a wandering space-traveling monstrosity that eats the hearts of planets, corrupts the natives into its servants,
and then fucks off to repeat the cycle.

And probably update the combat, not to like FF13 or anything, but more FFX; let you switch characters in and out. Maybe have the battles be less visually static by having the characters run around while the ATB charges.

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 04:47:45 AM »

I too, possess hype for what I have waited over a decade for.

I think they'll tighten up the script, probably make it a bit more overt that Jenova is a wandering space-traveling monstrosity that eats the hearts of planets, corrupts the natives into its servants,
and then fucks off to repeat the cycle.

And probably update the combat, not to like FF13 or anything, but more FFX; let you switch characters in and out. Maybe have the battles be less visually static by having the characters run around while the ATB charges.

I could 100% live with that. Whilst I love FF7 and everything about it, despite its crippling flaws, I really really really don't like old style JRPG grinding, it's tedious as fuck, also random battles just showing up? Fuckno god jesus shitcocks, no. I hate that so much. If there were some way to avoid battles if you wanted to just run through a low level area, that'd be cool. I'm totally all for the changing the battle system.

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 07:48:47 AM »

actually, i wouldn't mind that too bad either (although i think that even grinding in ff7 was the bees' knees). i like random battles; especially when i'm out of healing shit and all my characters are low or something—that's when the pure survival comes in and you're PUSHED TO THE LIMIT. at the same time, i wouldn't stand in a pentagram drawn of blood and chant the hymn of pestilence, forever damning square enix and its affiliates in furious retribution because of it.

i just hope they don't fuck it up, and i read that quote with the utmost of cynicism. like if someone who just got their painting degree stood over the last supper and said the same thing. except no one wants a remake of the last supper.

Moondog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 08:02:26 AM »

FF7 was never grindy, unless you were trying to max out all your summon materia to make extras, or get the Master Materia in which case. . .well, yeah. You'll be in that fucking submarine for a long, long, long time. Or you could grind magic pots; with an X3 weapon (like Cid's ultimate spear) it'd only take like 750 elixirs! 8D

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:20:24 AM by Moondog »

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 02:06:49 PM »

FF7 was never grindy, unless you were trying to max out all your summon materia to make extras, or get the Master Materia in which case. . .well, yeah. You'll be in that fucking submarine for a long, long, long time. Or you could grind magic pots; with an X3 weapon (like Cid's ultimate spear) it'd only take like 750 elixirs! 8D

*memories of grinding to actually have useful materia and getting the best limit breaks and master materia*

Moondog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 08:43:56 PM »

It only takes 21 limit breaks (and a number of kills, which you should get naturally) to get to 3rd level Limit Break, and everyone learns 4 from an item.

why do I remember this, holy god.

also trying for the master materia is crazy, you're crazy

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 11:24:23 AM »

i'm not crazy
i am arming myself efficietly for the coming battle

Honestly though if I were to go back and play OG FF7 again I would use cheatengine or whatever to boost the XP and AP rates, especially the AP rates. good lord. those were utter bullshit.

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »

i'm not crazy
i am arming myself efficietly for the coming battle
fuck yeah (don't do that in fable 2. god damnit fuck you fable 2)

the last time i played through ff7 was long enough that i don't remember exactly why i was grinding. for some reason, i just think of the tiny goats on that island from ff9 (maybe ff7 really wasn't that grindy of a game, shane, and i just remember grinding in ff9 to beat that half-world boss asshole).

i like having at least some aspect of the game where you grind (or otherwise put in an optional, large amount of time for some ultimate increase). the golden chocobo adventure was huge for me. even when i was young, i didn't look at strategy guides or anything (they were also less accessible), so there was this tiny fucking island in the corner of the map that i just couldn't land on. when i finally got a chocobo that could ride over grass, i couldn't go to the island—and i fucking knew that a chocobo would take me there at some point.

and then came knights of the round (or whatever)

it was beautiful
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:46:43 PM by Dr. Javi »

Fenris

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »

Cause I don't have a PS-4 and probably wont for the foreseeable future... This is salt in the wound. :'( Watching Arkham Knight also hurts.

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 10:37:11 AM »

Cause I don't have a PS-4 and probably wont for the foreseeable future... This is salt in the wound. :'( Watching Arkham Knight also hurts.

Trailer says "play it FIRST on PS4", meaning it's liable to come out on pc.
Arkham Knight got pulled from PC because of shitty godawful port job. Should be rereleased once it's fixed.

Fenris

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »

Trailer says "play it FIRST on PS4", meaning it's liable to come out on pc.
Arkham Knight got pulled from PC because of shitty godawful port job. Should be rereleased once it's fixed.

I got an ASUS, and it's pretty good, but after watching that gameplay I doubt it could handle it, and as you said from what I heard it's like they skipped over the debugging process or w/e entirely for PC, but when the "fix'd" version for PC comes out I might look to see if its plausible that my rig can handle it.

But this ain't about my Arkham Knight envy this is about FINAL FANTASY FUCKING SEVEN!!!1
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:53:05 PM by Fenris »

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 02:28:55 PM »

and like I said, it's likely to come out on PC later. just be patient. :3
Pages: [1] 2 3 4