Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: TK pet peeves.  (Read 19047 times)

CherryBerry

• View Profile
TK pet peeves.
« on: July 07, 2015, 11:14:04 PM »

I didn't see a thread for this that was still alive so I'm making one. LIST SHIT HERE.

In no particular order;

1. People that poof in the middle of RP. (Even though I'm not a saint when it comes to that, myself.)

2. People that Randomly Capitalize The First Letter- stop it. New sentence, name, location? Capitalize. Otherwise, no.

3. OOC twats that feel the need to act all "mysterious" about any potential alts that could land them RP instead of being up-front about it. It's not actually mysterious, it just makes them look stupid.

4. People that jump in, advertise their RP in-chat and leave to go spread their plague elsewhere. There are forums for a reason.

5. Strange names like "xXSwagMeisterXx".

6. Edgemasters. Self-explanatory.

7. People that are well-known on the site for being creeps, creeping on your character. I.E; Katt, Skip`, Vore Guy, etc.

8. For the love of all that is holy, use proper grammar on a site where typing is one of the main forms of getting entertainment.

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
Re: TK pet peeves.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 06:26:37 AM »

tk pet peeves
you can clearly see that budapestian bitch has gotta' be soaked in the knickers all fanning herself off

MEGAMADMUSICIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 01:26:53 PM »

"Feel free to speak." *Bans those that do.*

People who just sit in rooms and don't post, waiting for someone else to post first. (It's like watching a bunch of super shy people just stare at each other wondering what to say, afraid to offend one another.)

28 seeking RP rooms.

People who throw their godly characters around like crazy, not even trying to act incognito, regardless of the setting.

People who decide their particular god character has nothing else better to do than to bother normal mortals.

90,000 year old demonlords performing literal janitor work, rather than terrorizing the planes.
The only way to win...

...is to not play.

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 08:41:59 PM »

No RP is the number one...amongst others.

MEGAMADMUSICIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 09:05:17 PM »

Honestly, no RP is likely your fault. Finding RP is easy as piss.

Sun Tzu's Stratagems for finding RP:

Post into room where everybody is too busy being shy. Sometimes, people will join in.

Ask people if they mind RPing with you. You will be surprised how they actually usually respond decently. if they respond like a complete and utter dick, you likely didn't want to RP with them anyway.

Look for a room that RPs regularly (Though the majority of them on TK suck shit and extremely limit what you can do.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:10:04 PM by MEGAMADMUSICIAN »
The only way to win...

...is to not play.

Moondog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 09:44:34 PM »

"Feel free to speak." *Bans those that do.*

People who just sit in rooms and don't post, waiting for someone else to post first. (It's like watching a bunch of super shy people just stare at each other wondering what to say, afraid to offend one another.)

28 seeking RP rooms.

People who throw their godly characters around like crazy, not even trying to act incognito, regardless of the setting.

People who decide their particular god character has nothing else better to do than to bother normal mortals.

90,000 year old demonlords performing literal janitor work, rather than terrorizing the planes.

How likely do you think it is a demon lord actually sits down and cleans a john? At that point, you got a novelty on your hands.

MEGAMADMUSICIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 09:47:09 PM »

On TK? Fairly often from what I've observed.
The only way to win...

...is to not play.

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 11:22:22 PM »

Meh.

From personal experience it seems either I'm easily ignorable IC/When Rping or when I do ask to RP, people I know who are arses and arent, its...mostly me posting to myself.

Not even trying to get sympathy or baw, just...stating experience from attempted RP's on here lately.

MEGAMADMUSICIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 02:23:38 AM »

That is because some of the RPers on TK are in short, terrible.

Ironically, they're often enthusiastic about RP.

If it feels like you're posting to yourself, that's because some of them have a mindset that it's a book, and they're just writing, rather than you know, actually reading the other person's post and responding to it. Bonus points if they're in a tree.

As for the people who are asses? The best way to deal with them is to not RP with them at all.
The only way to win...

...is to not play.

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 03:08:14 AM »

1 and 2: True.

3. I er...guess so, thing is I try to make posts which implies others can hop in or leaves stuff open.

4. ...Yeah, but sometimes they are avoidable in RP settings/places, as much as I hate to admit it.

Bane

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 09:13:06 PM »

Oh yeah. Fuck all the people that put non-alphabetic characters into the start of their room titles to place them at the top of the list. Like, you seriously don't really run the risk of missing out on people if your shit's even at the bottom of the list. It ain't a long fuckin' list. It's not the end of the world, but it's dumb and self-defeating when there are a million rooms crowded up top, completely disorganized. 

Seriously what the fuck.

Also why are there two lazy lounges? Does that have to be a thing? Was there some schism between the greater and lesser idiots in there?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:13:42 AM by Bane »

MEGAMADMUSICIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 11:42:55 PM »

There's something I heard somewhere.

'Those who crave power are those who are least suited to use it.'

That being said, I purposely avoid rooms on top a good amount of time, because they're run by morons more concerned about popularity contests than actually doing something interesting.

That being said with the Lazeh Lounge, I suspect what's basically oldfags vs. newfags. Only that oldfags might be the better ones actually suited to run it in this case. The newfags might have way too much ego attached to being the mod.
The only way to win...

...is to not play.

topazthespaz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 07:43:28 AM »

I dislike bad players of canon characters.

Crest

• τοῖς τολμῶσιν ἡ τύχη ξύμφορος
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 03:29:05 AM »

Pretty much everything Mad Musician had.

Also, people who make realism RPs, but don't try to play even mildly realistic.  Like I get it, you're not a scholar in a topic and you're not going to be perfect. But if you're just going to evoke pure insanity and get mad when logic happens, might as well make that shit a mod-fant room.

CRIMINAL "MASTERMIND" WALKS INTO PACKED RESTAURANT IN BROAD DAYLIGHT IN PUBLIC AND SHOOTS DOWN EVERYONE IN HIS PATH WITH LARGE GROUP. ALSO DOESN'T CHECK THE KITCHEN FOR SURVIVING WITNESSES.
"Uh, you know the cops were like a block away, right?"
I OWN THE COPS.
"Yeah... pretty sure you don't after that."
FUCK YOU AND YOUR HYPER-REALISM.
"...Really?"
FBI CALLS TO RELEASE ON THE SCENE NOT EVEN AT THE STATION CUZ I WORK WITH DoD.
"So three levels of government and law are going to implicate themselves and release you for being an idiot?"

^ That kind of shit.

So in short... edgelords.  You know, all the badass, none of the dedication or thought behind it.

That actually applies to any genre but that one literally made me facepalm the other day.

Much less, as Tanc noted, him exploding and banning everyone from his room after that.

GG.

Does "psycho mods" count as a peeve?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 03:31:39 AM by Crest »

Karasu

• Ne Invocas Non Expellere Posis, Principum Mors Est
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 03:57:57 PM »

- Non Alphabetical Room names because ! and 1 come before A on room listings. More so when it's multiplied by twelve or so as seems the case most often. !!!!!****154423Shitlords-R-Us is not a room, it's a wall mounted plaque displaying an associates degree in ruining things. Names fall under this as well ~xX!Shitlord!Xx~.

- Gods. Makes for nice targets, but other than that there is no reason to their being. At all. Ever. Preclude all things, made all things, nothing is beyond your power. So why then is there even a mild interest in some four or less square miles of shit one tends to make their choice zone or the lesser mundane beings there in the friendzone. And don't lie to yourselves, most of us are bound to certain areas and smaller zones with a select few. Boredom should have been making it stale some trillion years back or so. Seriously.

- Posting sexual preference in profile. Need I elaborate? Most profiles are what is VISUALLY observable, not a list of your goddamn psyche(I've seen profiles that do list the state of mind and minor shit like that.). If you're flamboyant or have a massive vajayjay amulet hanging from your neck then sure it shows. If you look like a stripper who couldn't find the zipper on her two sizes too small underwear-pants it also shows. Anything more and you may as well slap a price tag for the hourly fee at the bottom with your preference to get boned at midnight by the trans&yiff-friendly. It'd save you time and effort to simply put in massive lettering at the top of your profile : I NEED ONLINE TEXT SEX, DO ME NOW ; SINGLE TIME INTERACTIONS ONLY... Or just list your user name as something like BlueMage or Wildfire(Oldie inside joke.).

- Auto-note. Something happens and you know it. May not have seen it directly, but you know. May not have the ability to know it, but you know. Old school we'd call it meta-gaming along with a slew of other things under that title. The ability to read posts, scan profiles, or know players isn't an open invite to crystal ball your way through details. Cross character bullshit. Yes. I play multiple characters, I may or may not be liked. Spread your annoyance and note of it to your buddies but do me the honest favor of keeping the characters separate as they are not the same entity in play.

- The illogical fallacies that Crest noted with his criminal bust examples. As Crest noted about being able to just break logic and common sense beyond credible and reasonable standards.

- Fanbase fandom sorts. Want to play InuYasha, Mario, or any other pop culture shit... please make a fandom room. Last thing I need is an errant plumber trying to jump on people or eat mushrooms while nagging me about the dangers of goombas. Nevermind. I might actually like that. It's just most people are annoying with it.

- Popularity pecking orders. Yea, age and time have gotten some of us in stale niches, and gotten us to know some few, but having to deal with bullshit about who you know or name dropping is bothersome as hell.

- Seeking RP rooms, which on entry stay silent and do not want to actually rp. Wtf. Jump into the OOC Lobby if you want to silent yourself or be whisper pixies  with others but be innactive. Or, do the old meme, jump into the Mainhall, and let the masses commune. When inspiration or people in there start becoming active jump in and move on to active rp rooms. If not stay OOC in there.

"All who stand before me will fall, all who lay behind me know this well."
"Names? How fickle and odd. You are my people and here we stand together as one."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5