Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: TK pet peeves.  (Read 19284 times)

Fenris

• View Profile
Re: TK pet peeves.
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 08:08:29 PM »

Lol heinz.

No when steak is goes beyond medium rare it becomes dry and akin to eating tasteless ash. Only tender and bloody can you unlock the steaks true flavor potential. : I

CherryBerry

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 11:07:51 PM »

I like my steak with a bit of pink on the inside.

Yahiko

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 06:05:48 AM »

real talk, what's the difference between all of the kinds of ways to make steak?

well done? medium rare? rare? done? what do these mean?

i just like my shit to be edible. i'm tired of feeling like a fool whenever someone asks how i like it.. and i'm like 'i like it to be cooked. not tryna catch that salmonella' and they give me that face of 'no shit you want it cooked?!'

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 09:15:44 AM »

it's how much you want it cooked. from almost raw to almost burnt:

rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, well done

some might say that this is also a scale of how much of a barbarian you are
you can clearly see that budapestian bitch has gotta' be soaked in the knickers all fanning herself off

Fenris

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 12:40:38 PM »

Rare = Mooing and bloody, probably chewy depending on the steak, very flavorful but the texture might take away your enjoyment from having to work your jaw so hard to chew it.

Medium-Rare = More cooked and less chewy but still pink and bloody, when you take that bite, its fucking flavor country, and if the steak is good you wont mind chewing a bit more cause every single fucking bite will create an explosion of bloody flavor. (My personal fav)

Medium = Still pink, but not as moist or flavorful. Easier to chew but with a decline in flavor. Probably the point you would stop cooking with most meats for the sake of avoiding food-poisoning.

Medium-Well =  The barest amount of pink on the inside and almost completely dry, Essentially cooked to a point where you want the minimum amount of blood in flavor, or chewing in texture. This is the path to the darkside.

Well-Done = Flavorless strips of meat with no blood or pink at alllll. This is killing younglings, and cutting off Samuel L Jacksons arm off with a lightsaber tier.

I guess im not quite a full-barbarian though. But I like this scale.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:45:31 PM by Fenris »

MEGAMADMUSICIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 07:10:58 PM »

I have to ask, I'm not being snarky and I'm not offended by the comment, but, is it more burnt out from freeform or...the people in freeform?

Honestly, both. I think part of it a restrictions breeding creativity thing, although tabletop RPGs are a lot less restrictive than most freeform enthusiasts I've talked to about it believe. Plus I don't really enjoy the way most freeform is done, with the whole consensus of the crowd thing and everyone being a player - it's basically whoever shouts the loudest and often acts like the biggest jerk is who has their ideas stick. Not that I don't value player input in my own games, there are tabletop games where that's definitely the order of the day, Apocalypse World, for example. Hell there are even games that have no GM , Fiasco probably being the most popular. I just think in general the way it's done in that area of gaming is better, at least for me.

I like quite a few people in here, otherwise it wouldn't be a pet peeve. I'd just fuck off.

True that. You can tweek and tool many tabletop systems to do what you need it to. Really, most of them have the thought that tabletop RPGs are like straight-up war games...which there is some truth to that statement. D&D's roots came from wargaming, for example.

In a tournament setting, the rules are STRICTLY abided by. In the more personal "Let's play this at home guys!" place, however, rules are commonly changed, removed, or more added. People regularly create more content for it. This is what is known as houserules, and there's nothing wrong with them them. Usually.

But yes, there is nothing wrong with freeform, although I do enjoy me some good tabletop. It's more than often the people that ruin it for me, not the game itself.
The only way to win...

...is to not play.

Crest

• τοῖς τολμῶσιν ἡ τύχη ξύμφορος
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2015, 05:54:35 AM »

Rare = Mooing and bloody, probably chewy depending on the steak, very flavorful but the texture might take away your enjoyment from having to work your jaw so hard to chew it.

No, what you're describing is "Blue."  People tend to confuse Rare and Blue.  Rare is better cooked than Blue.

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2015, 10:32:42 PM »

Listen up all you well-done hating fgts: WELL DONE HAS FLAVORRR.

You ever think that maybe cooking it, forcing its juices out only to mix back in with the meat actually HAS flavor? FFS, well done doesn't mean slapping it on the grill and making it as black and hard ironed as a piece of coal, it means making sure, inside, and outside, the steak is cooked. It just condenses the moisture, really, it doesn't get rid of it, and speaking as someone who always eats his steak well done, I know what I am talking about!

Inb4 rare, medium done, or any other type of Steak-Fgt ques in and says I am wrong!  :P

CherryBerry

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 12:28:54 AM »

Listen up all you well-done hating fgts: WELL DONE HAS FLAVORRR.

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2015, 02:19:45 AM »

guys you need to chill out

it's just steak.

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2015, 03:53:28 AM »

WELL ITS FUCKING TRUE!

...Jokes aside, sarcasm abundant if it wasn't obvious.

CherryBerry

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2015, 12:29:45 PM »

I like the direction this thread has gone.

Fenris

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2015, 07:31:33 AM »

rare and below done steak has blood for the blood god.

Rare steak... wins....

Fatality...

(Flawless... victory!)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:31:29 PM by Fenris »

-Osmond-

• "Time is an illusion, lunchtime - doubly so." -HG
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 01:32:18 PM »

Idk man, I like medium rare, I dont want the damned thing making blood pools on my plate, but I want a little bit of pinky juice when I chew it up. Flavor is not directly proportional to the amount of blood in the steak. You gotta find a middle ground, yo.

Fenris

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 03:12:14 PM »

Idk man, I like medium rare, I dont want the damned thing making blood pools on my plate, but I want a little bit of pinky juice when I chew it up. Flavor is not directly proportional to the amount of blood in the steak. You gotta find a middle ground, yo.

Nah I get it. Medium Rare is best for me due to my preferences on texture, but I see what your saying, and there are some steaks you have to cook well done to do so properly. (The Apostate Steaks.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5