Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Poll

Should TK have a Mobile Version of the site, a smartphone app or both?

Mobile Version
- 3 (16.7%)
Smartphone App
- 2 (11.1%)
Both
- 8 (44.4%)
Neither
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: TK Mobile Version/Smartphone App  (Read 10852 times)

Web~Janitor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TK Mobile Version/Smartphone App
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »

Many times my friends and I have wanted to RP, or at least OOC in a room, but were not able to have access to a PC at that point. TK is highly incompatible with mobile platforms and consoles (though that makes up a small portion of the issue) and the inclusion of these platforms would be of a great benefit to us all in my opinion.

I know. Mobile version is on my list of shit to do. I know I need to get it done soon, but I never have enough time. I've seriously been considering contracting the job out.

CherryBerry

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 11:29:58 AM »

It's been said a few times that there are people somewhat proficient in coding on the site (not me) that would likely want to help you out, probably for less than a normal coder. Maybe looking into that would save you some cash.  ???

-Osmond-

• "Time is an illusion, lunchtime - doubly so." -HG
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 02:26:22 AM »

Many times my friends and I have wanted to RP, or at least OOC in a room, but were not able to have access to a PC at that point. TK is highly incompatible with mobile platforms and consoles (though that makes up a small portion of the issue) and the inclusion of these platforms would be of a great benefit to us all in my opinion.

I know. Mobile version is on my list of shit to do. I know I need to get it done soon, but I never have enough time. I've seriously been considering contracting the job out.

Thanks for the reply, but really - its cool. Get everything sorted out, it was just a suggestion, to kinda get the idea ball rolling (if it already wasnt) we're patient, you're doing good and we couldnt ask for anything else. Dont spend so much of your money on this man, we can be patient, take it easy and dont work yourself up. This site is amazing, and we're not gonna just drop it and start bitching the second you take a breather or slow up on shit. Most of us wont, anyway.

Crest

• τοῖς τολμῶσιν ἡ τύχη ξύμφορος
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 04:42:04 AM »

Last I know the other programmer who shall not be named and keeps losing interest was working on something in Go, Webby.  You may want to talk to him about what he had done and see if you can go from there.  You know, the one on the old dev board.

Similarly, you may want to contract it to someone on freelancer.com

Also, a bit off topic, but it's humorous to see you swearing on here.  Back in the day, we tried so hard to play the part of rigid intellectuals, but we were a lot younger.  Funny how things change. 

Web~Janitor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 10:36:02 PM »

Also, a bit off topic, but it's humorous to see you swearing on here.  Back in the day, we tried so hard to play the part of rigid intellectuals, but we were a lot younger.  Funny how things change.

Hah! It's been a long time. How things change. Actually, I feel more like myself. I just need to stop working so hard. A long vacation. A really long one.

Crest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 12:46:17 AM »

Hah! It's been a long time. How things change. Actually, I feel more like myself. I just need to stop working so hard. A long vacation. A really long one.

It's funny how when you're young, you try so hard to be old; and when you're old, you just don't give a fuck.

Seriously though, check out his ideas on what he was doing to see if you can get a freelancer to follow his plan.  He was talking about a way to lower the Keep's server bill to under 50, likely as low as 20, dollars per month.  Meaning if you can get that done, one typical donation run for a month could power TK for a year. Anything else could be profit for your effort, or maybe even a little bit of thanks to the staff for their work.

Karasu

• Ne Invocas Non Expellere Posis, Principum Mors Est
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 09:40:17 AM »

It's funny how when you're young, you try so hard to be old; and when you're old, you just don't give a fuck.

Seriously though, check out his ideas on what he was doing to see if you can get a freelancer to follow his plan.  He was talking about a way to lower the Keep's server bill to under 50, likely as low as 20, dollars per month.  Meaning if you can get that done, one typical donation run for a month could power TK for a year. Anything else could be profit for your effort, or maybe even a little bit of thanks to the staff for their work.

O Rly? Do go on.
"All who stand before me will fall, all who lay behind me know this well."
"Names? How fickle and odd. You are my people and here we stand together as one."

Crest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 05:50:30 AM »

O Rly? Do go on.

Nah, I had a talk with him.  He hates this community and wants nothing to do with it so isn't going to pursue it.  His ideas could still be useful to work from.

Karasu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2015, 09:10:24 AM »

So Web hates us, Crest?

"Names? How fickle and odd. You are my people and here we stand together as one."

Furr

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2015, 09:26:45 AM »

So Web hates us, Crest?

No, the off-site guy she knows.
Would be a bit odd if Web hated us, wouldn't it?

Karasu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2015, 10:55:49 AM »

So Web hates us, Crest?

I'd not ask with that context if it wasn't odd to me.

So why's the offsite hate us?

Furr

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 01:37:09 PM »

So Web hates us, Crest?

I'd not ask with that context if it wasn't odd to me.

So why's the offsite hate us?

No idea. You'd have to ask Minerva on that one.

Crest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »

I think a little introspection could answer that without effort from me.

The simple version is that he was the first admin TK ever had, dealt with the first BS it ever had and watched the community only continue to decline over the last like, sixteen years.

I think the best time I saw him go apeshit was when there was an arena battle and the room was piping up on how they thought electricity worked, while he - who uh, went to university for it - was going "OH MY FUCKING GOD" watching people argue three different opinions, all of which were painfully wrong.  I think this about summarizes his view of TK.

Better yet, it was a question of the validity of my opponent's move.  I didn't ever question or bitch even if I knew it was wrong and kept going but the peanut gallery of TK decided to hold an intellectual argument over it while being wrong on every end, until my opponent was like fuckit whatever I quit.

Kinda sums up TK as a whole.  Same shit different topic every day.

MEGAMADMUSICIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 07:21:22 AM »

why do we even rp now
The only way to win...

...is to not play.

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 12:29:42 PM »

Better yet, it was a question of the validity of my opponent's move.
hahahahahahahahahahaha
you can clearly see that budapestian bitch has gotta' be soaked in the knickers all fanning herself off
Pages: 1 [2] 3