Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Temporary forums until the old ones get restored! You will have to rereg for the  (Read 3430 times)

Web~Janitor

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Just a temporary set

Crest

• τοῖς τολμῶσιν ἡ τύχη ξύμφορος
    • View Profile

...Well that didn't take the bots long.

Seeing as I don't imagine you have typical restrictions up, I'd offer my services as a general post-clean-up-fuck-off-bot hand on the forums.  I actually have the time for that now.  Only if you need it though. And ya'll can still moderate your own arguments your way.

Karasu

• Ne Invocas Non Expellere Posis, Principum Mors Est
    • View Profile

Old forums and chat code strands lost or something?
"All who stand before me will fall, all who lay behind me know this well."
"Names? How fickle and odd. You are my people and here we stand together as one."

Crest

• View Profile

He has to recover stuff off an old hard drive.  Long story short there were consecutive failures across multiple places.  God smote the Keep, pretty much. It'll come back eventually.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:52:15 PM by Crest »

Karasu

• Ne Invocas Non Expellere Posis, Principum Mors Est
    • View Profile

I'd been suspecting that given the amount of down time and lack of resources around the edges, like the other chats activity. All of the chats and forums lodged on one server, and that server crashing without backup was my suspicion.
"All who stand before me will fall, all who lay behind me know this well."
"Names? How fickle and odd. You are my people and here we stand together as one."

Crest

• View Profile

Nah, the others were unrelated, and all in rapid succession.  We're just lucky TK was on a backup server.  The only things back on nexxus so far are TK, Szurane, and these forums.  And even then Szu doesn't have its database and typical colorset back.  Though I'm considering keeping the new theme's color in the main chat window; it really accents most colors--may darken the red outter frames to compliment it when it's worth fuddling with. No point when it'll all come back eventually though.