Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: DEADPOOL THE MOVIIEEEE!!!!!!  (Read 3101 times)

Errant

• View Profile
DEADPOOL THE MOVIIEEEE!!!!!!
« on: February 14, 2016, 03:56:24 PM »

...Was really good, funny, and actiony.

Y'all should go see it.

Yahiko

• View Profile
Re: DEADPOOL THE MOVIIEEEE!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 08:36:25 AM »

i personally thought the movie was pretty cool. it did have a good blend of action, dialogue, and jokey-jokes but there were a few times the jokes didn't really hit me like i felt they could have. (coupled with the fact that a few of the cool sequences were shown during the trailers, but i suppose that's a given.) i also thought the 'pacing' of the movie was a little odd, but after hearing a lot about it's budget, truthfully, a lot of what i personally feel like was wrong with the movie makes sense. (it's kind of funny that marvel would go ahead with a movie they barely gave money to make right)

4/5, it definitely has a different tone from marvel's other movies, which may/may not make it more appealing, but it's worth a watch.

Furr

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 08:39:39 AM »

What was its budget again?

And I mean, pulling 145 million on the opening weekend is still damn impressive, and a surefire way to get approval for a sequel.

Yahiko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 08:51:29 AM »

i honestly wouldn't know any exact numbers, but a day or so before it's release, i was watching some morning news show (i think it was called 'Kelly & Michael' or something to that degree, it may have even been a different show but it did come on in the morning.. don't judge me) and they'd brought Ryan Reynolds in as a special guest and he mentioned how the Deadpool movie didn't have as much funds behind it as some of their other movies. (his semi-verbatim words were that they had a budget that was basically the amount of money actors would spend on cocaine. an over-exaggeration i'm sure, but it's still a bit telling)

however, it did manage to pull in some big numbers (i think it even broke a record for being the highest sold movie on a Thursday or something to that tune) so it's very possible that it can return with a sequel.

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 09:42:48 AM »

58 million, I believe. It made a little over 90 and so far has raked in 156-8 million or so.

9/10 for me...My only problems were it was to short and the origin story was WAY off from the comic...but I cant complain otherwise...Though I could gone without the whole 'closeup of Deadpools literally shot with a bullet asshole'....Ugh.

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 04:29:58 AM »

Quote from: Errant
Though I could gone without the whole 'closeup of Deadpools literally shot with a bullet asshole
thanks for the spoiler now i don't even want to see the movie anymore
you can clearly see that budapestian bitch has gotta' be soaked in the knickers all fanning herself off

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 09:47:33 PM »

It was the (worse) best scene in the movie, sory I ruined it for ya. :/

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 12:20:05 AM »

Saw it today  thought it was ok action wise. The Angel vs Collosus fight was one of the better superpowered brawls in the movies so far. As for the humor it was on the crude side in my opinion, I remember DP being a little more random and zanier

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 09:45:22 AM »

Eh, he's all inbetween. Crude, serious, humor, he's done it all. I'm now looking forward to sequal.

Rom Spaceknight

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 08:24:02 PM »

The mix of pathos and humor basically made this movie a perfect adaption of the Joe Kelly years.

Also there were actually scenes that were direct adaptions of stuff from the comics - the pizza delivery sequence for example.

FRANCIS
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:29:41 PM by Rom Spaceknight »

Fenris

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 12:25:05 PM »

I normally don't like Deadpool, but when I do its Ryan Reynolds.