Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Banned for a joke  (Read 5031 times)

-I-

• Here for reasons of justice.
    • View Profile
Banned for a joke
« on: April 04, 2016, 06:26:17 AM »

Was banned for a joke on Exander the other day for a harmless joke. ps. I am still laughing about it. I will have fun elsewhere until I can come back, if ever.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:07:26 AM by -I- »
-I- was here

Ix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Banned for a joke
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:55:02 AM »

Ombudsman here. Primarily curious as to whether it was a roomban or a chatban.

If it was a roomban (primarily seen with usermade rooms), you're only banned from that one room.

If it was a chatban, what was the joke, and who banned you?

-I-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 04:24:40 PM »

Ombudsman here. Primarily curious as to whether it was a roomban or a chatban.

If it was a roomban (primarily seen with usermade rooms), you're only banned from that one room.

If it was a chatban, what was the joke, and who banned you?

It was a chatban and what I said was. "Hey there buddy mind if I clinch your buttcheeks while smoking a cigar." It banned all my other accounts too. It was someone like Shaz something I forgot how to spell. I don't know the globals in there at the time were web and Vivi. I don't know who did it but I think it was kind of bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:42:25 PM by -I- »
-I- was here

Ix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 12:47:35 PM »

That does seem kind of odd. Inquiring on staff boards; no records are showing up regarding anything I'm seeing in this thread.

-I-

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 06:12:54 AM »

That does seem kind of odd. Inquiring on staff boards; no records are showing up regarding anything I'm seeing in this thread.

So what now? I am just banned?
-I- was here

Ix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 11:43:39 AM »

Well, none of the staff members that've replied seem to know anything about the situation as is presented in this thread. As such, I'm not actually sure what's up with your ban. When did it happen? If it was a chatban, it'll probably have a fairly short duration, if that was indeed what got you banned.

-I-

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 01:07:36 PM »

It was like a 5 or 6 days ago.
-I- was here

Ix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 04:15:53 AM »

What other names might you have registered? There's one ban recorded in that time-frame for something that might still be in effect, but it's rather a lot of names involved and a bit of a spotty list thereof. The ban might just not have been recorded due to human error, of course.

Given the information in this thread thus far, either there's something like the old banbug (maybe you registered a name right around the same time? if it's on our banlists, it can end up rolling over onto your IP) or there's information that's not being revealed and could be problematic. Unfortunately, that's a very general umbrella that basically just covers "You might have been doing something you haven't mentioned and shouldn't have been doing in the first place." I'm still trying to get info from the staff regarding it.

-I-

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 05:10:43 AM »

Well there was alot of names, but only a few I care about. The only thing I was doing at the time was role playing in a private room and I said that joke like twice once in mainhall and once in OOC Lobby. I guess they took that as spam for typing something twice. But after that I was immediately banned. I swear the only thing I was doing was rping in a private room on one account and I typed thoes lines on my other account. I don't get how saying something twice is spam. As for accounts, I had more accounts than I could count. I sent you a pm.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:18:52 AM by -I- »
-I- was here

Ix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 05:26:31 AM »

Yeah, that's why I'm not really sure what's going on here. The message itself is only bannable under some fairly specific conditions (ignore evasion, or some cockamamie shit with somebody having that actually be a thing that happened to them and it being intended to get under their skin), posting it twice doesn't even come near qualifying as spam (and spammers generally get a "Hey, stop that" before banning, which is usually not ten days, as far as I can recall), and I'm just honestly not sure what you could possibly have been banned for going by the information available to me.

Watch, it'll turn out to be some bug where if you get banned from a private room, it somehow turns into a chatban, and your RP partners were just goofing with you or something. I'm just gonna pass this one on to the people with database access, see if they can figure anything out.

-I-

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 05:29:25 AM »

Aight. But I was banned in OOC lobby first. Weird cause I was still able to rp on my other account for 30 min before the ban kicked in. I am sorry if that thing I said offended anyone. I was just really bored and said it to make myself laugh.
-I- was here

Ix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 06:06:54 PM »

Apparently, there were four names banned, none of which were on the list sent to me. The ban expires some time today.

-I-

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 02:20:05 PM »

Still banned
-I- was here

Ix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 11:44:36 AM »

I'll try to get that fixed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the guy with the ability to fix it had some kind of emergency and vanished from the face of the earth, so I'm not entirely certain when that'll be.

-I-

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 07:04:44 AM »

Alright
-I- was here
Pages: [1] 2