Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: does anyone want to learn french?  (Read 3350 times)

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
does anyone want to learn french?
« on: April 22, 2016, 08:42:24 PM »

i want to learn french. i currently have a grand repertoire of 122 words (not counting the word "repertoire") out of the 625 most commonly found words (mostly nouns).

does anyone want to learn it w/ me?
you can clearly see that budapestian bitch has gotta' be soaked in the knickers all fanning herself off

Averus

• View Profile
Re: does anyone want to learn french?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 10:40:54 AM »

France french or quebecois french?

'cuz honestly if you put a frenchman in the same room as somebody from quebec they'll have no idea what the hell they're saying to each other

I stopped taking french in grade six heh

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 03:33:44 PM »

french french, but do you want to learn it?
you can clearly see that budapestian bitch has gotta' be soaked in the knickers all fanning herself off

Averus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 10:03:07 PM »

Sort of, but being a francophone in a France dialect wouldn't be much use here in Canada. Quebecois dialect is the name of the game here, unfortunately.

But with that said, I'm fucking lousy with french. Though to be fair, they were trying to teach it to me before I really learned how to learn.

Rom Spaceknight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »

'cuz honestly if you put a frenchman in the same room as somebody from quebec they'll have no idea what the hell they're saying to each other

That isn't really true. The language is exactly the same, they just have different accents and idioms, and most likely a person from each culture would have knowledge of the differences. It would be like Americans and British people talking to each other.

Fenris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 03:46:42 AM »

That isn't really true. The language is exactly the same, they just have different accents and idioms, and most likely a person from each culture would have knowledge of the differences. It would be like Americans and British people talking to each other.

True. Though that analogy kinda falls apart when you take a british person and a scottish person, because depending upon region, neither will be able to understand a bloody word each other says because of impenetrable accents.

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 01:47:14 PM »

True. Though that analogy kinda falls apart when you take a british person and a scottish person, because depending upon region, neither will be able to understand a bloody word each other says because of impenetrable accents.

I don't remember posting this. I mean I must have, because those words sound like something I wanted to type but I have no memory of typing this.

Dr. Javi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 01:18:17 PM »

are you ok

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 02:32:19 AM »