Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: TALK TABLETOP  (Read 288 times)

DMD

• View Profile
TALK TABLETOP
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:54:01 PM »

Have a favorite character, setting, campaign, session, just random moment in a campaign or session? An amazing roll , something else you as a player or DM did, or someone else did to you? Even ideas for characters, spells, items, challenges, monsters,  Share it with others,  rules, classes, races,  anything tabletop, share and discuss it here!

Moondog

• View Profile
Re: TALK TABLETOP
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:23:05 PM »

I got Roctod to say this in last night's game.

'Roctod: I want you to describe to me how you kick a man so hard in the dick that he died'

Ix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 08:41:12 PM »

I had a tech-priest named Valroy in a Rogue Trader game of Rob's. He was ludicrously good at his job in a setting and system where people usually don't manage to get past 'okay.'

At one point, he leapt through space to land on a ship he wanted to study, that had been shot to hell by the ship's gunner's 'warning shot,' and attempted to interface with it. This led to him picking up a copy of a genocidal AI somewhere in his brain, since he was basically 60%+ machinery anyway. Naturally, that was kind of a problem. So he had to perform surgery on himself by proxy, relaying instructions to his apprentice to remove a chunk of his brain and replace it with something that wasn't infected with the AI.

I liked that character.

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 08:47:18 PM »

That's pretty cool.

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 04:44:09 AM »

I got Roctod to say this in last night's game.

'Roctod: I want you to describe to me how you kick a man so hard in the dick that he died'

I need to hear this story.

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 04:54:25 AM »

Alright so I got one.

A while ago I was playing in a Vampire: The Requiem game, our GM had set it during the 1970s to 1980s, in Sheffield.  My character was a young miner, embraced as a Nos down in the mines one day during an "accident". Samuel Greenfields. Otherwise known as "Green". Never Samuel. Never Sam. just "Green". He preferred "Green" as a name. Sure, he looked human more or less... just... too tall, too lanky, too...long limbed........ and too many sharp, pointy teeth, that would always show in that ....ever so wide gleaming smile he had.

He lived in the sewage system beneath the city, using the underground tunnels and such, and tapping into phone lines to get information and contact his compatriots.

Upon generating the character I hadn't really thought about how he sounded, but we were encouraged to do all interactions in character as much as possible, so my character's introduction to the group was Green picking up a phone, patching in, and hooking into the line of one of the other player's characters, a neat freak ventrue (I think he was ventrue if memory serves), who was well off and maintained a fine country house , sort of "A man's home is his castle, his kingdom" sort of deal.

His friend had just finished a phone call having received a summons to go to the local Elysium to meet the local vampire boss (terminology is escaping me at this point, it was a while back), since a grave murder of another vampire had occurred, and rumours of the dead vampire's blood having been drained too. So we were to investigate since we were connected. So I described Green doing the finishing touches, sat, crouched, knees against his chest, on an old side table he'd scavenged, holding a phone up to his ear and catching the last part of the conversation, keeping utterly quiet. His friend goes to call Green, and immediately in a gravelly cockney accent mixed with something bestial, I answer "I 'eard... Dun' worry. I'll cal m'sister, get 'er up t'speed, an' the kid. We'll be over soon. Meet up at yours, m'lord?"

Apparently the voice I managed to make up on the fly was so effective at getting across Green's nature as a filth stained, lurking horror that sat nicely on the horrific side of Uncanny Valley, and as a dangerous stalking predator, that it was forever ingrained in everyone else's head...

To the point that I can now just slip into the voice and it IMMEDIATELY unnerves my friend who was playing the Ventrue, and he has a brief feeling like he has to wash his hands or clean the house.

I would like to say I do not abuse this power in any way shape or form, but I must admit it is hilarious watching him squirm (Don't worry, I never do it too long. ^^; ) .

Green also had a penchant for off colour puns. When called about enacting a previously discussed possible plan to remove a body from a morgue to preserve the Masquerade, I had Green answer "Green's 24 hour 'mergency Cleanin' Services, You stiffed 'em, we shift 'em, 'ow can I 'elp ya?". Our GM may have corpsed a bit :)