Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 1542 times)

AWholeSeld

• View Profile
Re: Moderators
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 03:55:43 AM »

My vote goes for Kiko, if that hat needs names in it. I'm sure I could drag out reasons for why and why not others...
But what's left on TK to moderate? The site's mostly just OOC banter and a few closed-RP rooms (which, in my apparent experience, end up with more OOC than IC anyway).

Maybe just making a list of suspects and their infractions would be sufficient. It's not that I think staff are totally unneeded or that Kiko isn't up to the task, but that maybe the whole mess can be avoided with a more simple gesture.
I have no doubts that some people could probably roll call most of TK's actually-active playerbase, and to me that just begs the question of why this hasn't turned into a game of Clue yet. Or maybe this is the game of Clue, I don't know.
Mods/admins have the power to see usernames and to whom they belong, so... figure out who's behind infractions, and then... maybe the solution here is easy said and easy done?

All that bitter out of the way, a constant watchful eye to say 'Hey... we are still watching' will cut down on baddies. I'm not really super up to date on TK, is there a particularly bad rash of perverts going around? Has someone's/some peoples' ban(s) lapsed? That seems likely to me, maybe this just calls for a bit of homework between players and staff to zero in on trouble cases.

Aphelia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 11:13:24 PM »

Maybe just making a list of suspects and their infractions would be sufficient. It's not that I think staff are totally unneeded or that Kiko isn't up to the task, but that maybe the whole mess can be avoided with a more simple gesture.

There's multiple individuals who evade ignores and bans to commit harassment, as well as who send creepy messages to women as their opening whispers. That does require moderators to deal with.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:22:38 PM by Aphelia »

AsinineVulpine

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »

I am hereby throwing my vote in for ABSOLUTELY NOT ME as a moderator.
Anybody but me gets my vote!

almost

I mean obviously not some complete  dipshit who would be even worse than me at moderating but absolutely not me in any event. Even if I was the last user on the Keep.
Pages: 1 [2]