Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Pull List  (Read 20050 times)

Moondog

• View Profile
Re: The Pull List
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2015, 07:03:22 PM »

hold the fuck up, there's a Garth Ennis: Fury MAX?

Jesus christ. Give it to me. Immediately.

Errant

• View Profile

Moondog

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2015, 07:10:54 AM »

It will be mine.

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »

Go get it, and bask in a Nick Fury that would make Samuel Jackson-Fury cry like a little bitch!!!!

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 09:24:13 PM »

The first of the post Secret Wars Marvel stuff came out today.
((despite SWs still having three issues to g0....))

I got Dr. Strange, Iron Man and Spiderman.

Strange was strange, kind of a mix of modern comics and the old Kirbyesque out there stuff that the Dr used to be. I wasn't much on the art but I liked it enough to keep reading.

Ironman was typical Bendis , not a lot happened . Take entire pages with over sized panels to show something as simple as someone walking in a building, I felt like I was reading DBZ. The last page was kind of cool, but not sure I'll stick with it .

Spiderman was the best of the bunch. Slott gets the character better than anyone else has in thirty years. Defiantly sticking with this one.

The one thing I didn't understand, as Marvel announced an eight month gap between the end of the SW event and the first issues, but none of them so much as mentioned anything about SW other than a couple characters from it showing up in them.

Batman and Robin Eternal started today as well, the second weekly series in the Eternal title. Looks pretty good so far, even if it is the tired old "Batman has dark secrets from everybody". Sticking with it

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2016, 09:46:52 PM »

...I'll do what I did with New 52 and Marvel Now! wait for reviews and see what sounds/is good...Maybe pick up a title or two that hits me.

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2016, 07:37:28 PM »

Yeah. I do notice it seems DC is doing almost the opposite of Marvel this time around.

Marvel- As many if not more books than ever, with a lot of them focusing on characters or entire teams that usually wouldn't get their own book.

DC- Seems to be getting back the basics with fewer books and sticking to the core characters and titles for the most part with a couple exceptions.

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2016, 07:40:11 PM »

Huh, well both came out with good series in each time, along with shitty ones.

Gonna wait and see, like I said...maybe pick up some old ones. I got Death in the Family Recently, contemplating getting 'under the Red Hood' to complete it and read one after the other.

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 08:20:22 PM »

I think maybe I have found a new way to generate interest in this thread maybe possibly who knows

http://www.newsarama.com/28585-dc-comics-full-june-2016-solicitations.html

That link takes you to a list of all the Rebirth stuff from DC in June. Discuss!

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/this-week

This link will take you to a list of all the books coming out this Wesnday Discuss!

http://www.newsarama.com/21815-the-new-full-comic-book-superhero-movie-schedule.html

And last but not list, a link to a list for all the comic movies scheduled out through 2020! Discuss!

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2016, 02:46:10 PM »

Meh, so long as I get my Invader Zim, Darth Vader, and occasional one offs (like the six issua Ice King thing, and the one-off of the Teenage mutant ninja turtles), all will be well.

Not very interested in the rebirth thing. I'll do what I did with New 52; waitt o see what comes out, wait for a few reviews, then go from there.

As to movies: So long as they dont fuck up the Captain Marvel/Shazam movie, and Deadpool 2 comes sooner then later,  will be content. Most everything else, Meh about.

Fenris

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »

I have mixed feelings about Rebirth. On one hand, I think DC should stick with the N52, they have only had it for a few years, and with some work it could be really refined and pretty tight.

On the other hand... There is the slightest hope that Rebirth will correct some really stupid issues. (Like Geoffr- I mean Damien Wayne.)

The BMTMNT Crossover is pretty awesome though.

Also I'm glad Bruce Wayne is back as Batman, and Jim-Gordon is Commissioner Gordon again. I do think Gregg and Snyder are pretty damn good, but they keep rehashing the same "high-stakes" again and again with all these "Gotham must be destroyed" Arcs and its kinda jumped the shark a bit though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:55:40 PM by Fenris »

Rom Spaceknight

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2016, 08:23:14 PM »

As to movies: So long as they dont fuck up the Captain Marvel/Shazam movie

With how much Snyder hates Superman, you don't think he hates Captain Marvel more?

Fenris

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2016, 10:05:31 PM »

As to movies: So long as they dont fuck up the Captain Marvel/Shazam movie

With how much Snyder hates Superman, you don't think he hates Captain Marvel more?

Now now... Snyder doesn't hate Superman. Batman just had to teach him what it means to be a man...

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2016, 12:17:37 AM »

...Snyder is directing Captain Marvel/Shazam?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5