Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Casting Call  (Read 1623 times)

Crest

• τοῖς τολμῶσιν ἡ τύχη ξύμφορος
    • View Profile
Casting Call
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:16:13 AM »

Alright. I am about to make a very long story very short.

I recently came by a few amazing referrals in the entertainment industry. Rather than just throwing the script at the producer and considering my work done, I'm working with a CSPO to determine potential issues and prevent them off the bat by presenting a portfolio of options with independent contacts willing to work on a reasonable budget to make the package more attractive.

Before I continue and make this seem set in stone, I want to say this is not a certain job offer. If what I say below intrigues you then you will essentially be put in a portfolio of options for the producer to consider. If I like your submission, of course.

Why am I posting this? Because I know there are a lot of people in TK that aspire for the arts but have no clue where to break out. Being put in this resources portfolio will at least get your name looked at.

Things I do not need and have more than enough of: Concept artists. Sorry guys.

Things I have a few resources in but may take exemplary submissions on: Musicians. Give me links to your e-portfolios like soundcloud, reverbnation etc as well as references to any events, awards or performances you've done.

Things I'll take a lot of submissions on: Aspiring actors.
What I need for that is a little more in depth. Please do not hop on board if you have absolutely zero experience. Submit any information on formal training or experience, be it stage film or re-enactments. Include any possible awards, performances, events, dates etc. Include at least one mug shot. I'll review these and see who I might staple in the portfolio. In the end I still need to make sure my presentation is professional so I WILL still be picky.

What you need to know before you reply:
You will need to be willing to relocate if provided the revenue to do so.
You will need to be willing to treat it like a residency with reasonable provisions for room and board. This is less direct profit and more the industry value of participation.

I WILL accept things from other areas I didn't list. Off the top of my head, sound engineering, special effects, whatever. Just make sure you have an accessible portfolio for your work.

If interested leave comments or questions below. I will ask the staff to please maintain this thread as productive and on topic.

If nobody replies, no sweat off my hide since I am quite happy with my portfolio already. But ever since 8ball opened my door into the industry I have decided to try to do the same for others.

Regards,
J.Minerva.D

Crest

• τοῖς τολμῶσιν ἡ τύχη ξύμφορος
    • View Profile
Re: Casting Call
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 11:35:37 AM »

I should also clarify this is for episodical TV, not silver screen.