Nexxushost Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: I have decided to no longer troll due to lack of peoples humor  (Read 40704 times)

Yahiko

• View Profile
Re: I have decided to no longer troll due to lack of peoples humor
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 08:42:07 AM »

Let me break it down to you barney style. I am in the marines, I was in a none deployable unit and applied to one of the options listed below on the site. So now I am a reservist, and will most likely start OCS as a Officer since the need arose.

Not to worry I don't "spend my money" like other marines, I also ranked up real quick. I received my E-3 upon graduation of bootcamp and i'm in the board for E-4 and I barely have one year in. There are a lot of cases of 4 year Sergeants, it just takes dedication and a great lot of motivation.

http://www.marines.com/becoming-a-marine/commissioning-programs

and the Reserve Officer program

http://www.marines.com/eligibility/service-options/reserve?nav=LP1

That pretty much allows me to be an officer at a reserve unit and be able to keep track of TK? Though I did explain that Webby would have control of TK, i'd just own it. Though things would go as business as usual. Money is really not an issue. =P

Also 2 grand is not one of my paychecks, I make money off my civilian job which is commissioned based and I get paid while not working, money just flows in because of the monthly commission.

Not to mention my other business ventures, like art commissions, so I have several paychecks coming on from different directions. My family own apartments so, I sort of have free rent so....................

This site suck currently but it doesn't mean it cannot unsuck? I come in the forums once in a blue moon to check up on a few pals that's about it.

Any more questions?

if the site currently sucks and you suggest it can 'un-suck', how would you buying it from someone else change that? better yet, what changes would you make to ensure that it won't suck anymore? (which, for the record, saying it sucks is a subjective thing, i'm just curious about your sentiment.)

Kade

• "So you have a slime fetish?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 12:53:46 AM »

(which, for the record, saying it sucks is a subjective thing, i'm just curious about your sentiment.)

i don't even get why people use that word on this forum. it doesn't matter. it's non sequitur. it's like... okay great... moving on?

Rumors

• unwelcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 08:34:38 AM »

just to bait you into saying dumb shit

Kade

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 01:03:25 PM »

man i musta really fucked your girl or something for u to be this salty

Yahiko

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 04:52:29 PM »

(which, for the record, saying it sucks is a subjective thing, i'm just curious about your sentiment.)

i don't even get why people use that word on this forum. it doesn't matter. it's non sequitur. it's like... okay great... moving on?

i'm using the word so ol boy understands that his sentiment is his sentiment, not a fact, so if he then goes to substantiate his claim, we'll both be on the same page for that. (others may think the same but i doubt to his degree for it to be a majority opinion)

sequitur indeed considering i was specifically addressing him and his point. just sayin.

Rumors

• unwelcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 08:14:56 AM »

man i musta really fucked your girl or something for u to be this salty

nah, you're just super easy to dislike

Kade

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2015, 01:23:09 PM »

yeah i fked your girl. confirmed.

Rumors

• unwelcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 02:03:12 PM »

yeah i fked your girl. confirmed.

ahahhaah, I'd be deeply surprised if you even knew how to use it.

jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2015, 08:08:36 PM »

Well it's not really subjective... It's pretty known that it le sux0rdz. The numbers of users has dropped.
As for my changes? Like i'd tell people my changes, please. Then people be jacking the ideas and taking credit. You'll just have to find out if webster wants to sell.

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2015, 11:25:52 PM »

Translation: I dont have any ideas for changes or RPs.

Yahiko

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 09:32:47 AM »

Well it's not really subjective... It's pretty known that it le sux0rdz. The numbers of users has dropped.
As for my changes? Like i'd tell people my changes, please. Then people be jacking the ideas and taking credit. You'll just have to find out if webster wants to sell.

Translation: I dont have any ideas for changes or RPs.

ah, okay. i couldn't understand the ambiguity of his post. thanks

Kade

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2015, 02:21:19 AM »

stills sucks here? yeah. okay. moving on.

jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »

I have plenty of ideas my good sir, just not enough care for it on TK.

Errant

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 07:30:11 PM »

Coming from experience, I'm sure ya dont, ya idiot.

Crest

• τοῖς τολμῶσιν ἡ τύχη ξύμφορος
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2015, 06:18:10 AM »

Let's handle all the... everything wrong with this thread in one sweep.

"Webby would still be in charge [sic] I would just own it [and pay the bills.]"
--- Webby isn't really "in charge".  I mean he is, but his staff is self sufficient and handles the aspects for him. 

Money claims to support the server.
--- There's a donation feature.  If Webby would still "be in charge" anyway, just donate to the bill every month.

"It'd get better if I owned it."
--- But Webby would still be in charge?  Your money going directly through your bank, rather than from bank to donation to bank, somehow improves the quality of the site? Do you have any experience managing a multi-thousand user server and the responsibilities involved?  Do you know anything about the coding that Webby has proven he's capable of?  Do you even have the foggiest idea what he does behind the scenes for development or adapting and updating security?  No?  Didn't think so. My previous two points in mind, what's the point then aside from getting to say "I own it"? What you're really saying is "I would own it but Webby would get to do the work at no real profit to him and I think the site will somehow improve instead of him saying, 'bye'!"

You want to improve the site? Work out a deal with Webby and give that same money for him to pay a programmer to finish the client update while still providing for the server.  It'll give motivation to an otherwise thankless job and lift the burden from him. Trading hands accomplishes nothing.

This site sucks.  You can see it with the lowered user count.

Does anyone know what this chart is?

It's called the one percent rule. It applies to internet communities abroad and follows a more extreme format of the 80/20 rule in information science.

When it comes down to it the rule is that 90% of people only view content (lurkers), 9 percent edit content (or participate), and 1% create content (or in our community, create RPs etc.)

When it gets right down to it TK has a very interactive community with closer to 80% engaging on some level off a contant cruise of the userlist, possibly more.  The community is alive and active.

It's not TK that is by any means the problem.  I dare you to search "Is RP dying" on google.  In fact, LMGTFY.

You'll get a few people going "Nah, it just goes in tides," which is true on a lesser scale within individual communities which is the phenominon everyone periodically bitches about in the Keep. Chat based RP is dying.  Even communities that have always had dozens of times as many users logged on as the Keep did (not that quantity is quality), have been rapidly losing members.  The more public it becomes, the more rapidly the chat based sessions become another avenue for people wanting cheap sexual thrills.  This is not an inherent problem to the Keep.  In fact, the Keep has become a place many people are literally fleeing in droves to from other sites because they recognize the quality of the content and the level of engagement versus much larger servers (looking at you RPH) that have dozens or hundreds of people in the room, all lurking, only playing in whisper, and maybe 5% at most looking for any RP that doesn't involve immediately bending over for some strange fetish. The reason the Keep has lower general numbers than rival sites is because we keep stringent controls on unnecessary public sexuality which sifts out the wheat from the chaff in record time.

Forum RP seems to be thriving.  This is because people grow up.  We don't have the time to be glued to the screen anymore, so instead we write small novels interactively based on extended turns.  But you know that isn't why we're at the Keep (despite some people seeming to think so taking an hour to post two pages we don't care about).  We're here for live, interactive, engaging story.

But the great thing is, it's still out there.

I've not had any problems launching successful campaigns past or present.  The Keep is fine.  It's either the people who you're hanging out with that suck or the way you're interacting with the community that sucks.

The Keep is a great defiance of the 1% rule of the internet.  RPH is in counter a great example of that rule of thumb as are most other major RP servers.  You will be hard pressed to find a site that is simultaneously as large, interactive, alive and creative (...each in their own ways) as the Keep is.

If you don't like it, since you're banned, go try to find somewhere to prove this wrong.

Marines, blahblah.
Don't care.  Not relevant. 

Above are all the reasons you buying out the server makes zero sense.  You aren't paying attention to TK, aren't willing to donate without benefit to you, aren't paying attention to global RP culture and aren't paying attention to internet statistics.

No.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:31:30 AM by Crest »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10